En Soulines med mer klassisk look. Plint i plywood av baltisk björk.
Soulines Dostoyevsky DCX
Dostoyevsky DCX was conceived as a "classic" turntable, wooden square box with platter and tone-arm on the top.
The idea was to build around "classical turntable look" while incorporating design and engineering required for great sounding turntable.
After three years in production with some minor improvements over the time, our "classical looking" model Dostoyevsky DCX has been substantially upgraded now.
The main chassis/plinth is still made of three 20mm thick layers of Baltic Birch plywood, bonded together. Baltic Birch plywood is chosen to its "right" strength/mass ratio and "sound" character.Please bear in mind that Baltic Birch plywood is made of real wood Baltic Birch ply, and as such is subject to certain inconsistencies like visible knotholes, grain/color/shade inconsistency, etc.
It is not two box design (separated motor box) anymore; the upgraded Dostoyevsky DCX is a proper plinth/sub-plinth design now, with the sub-plinth/chassis made of sandwiched aluminum and Acrylic, and it is 3-point coupled to the main plinth/chassis by means of rubber-cork washers of different diameters and shapes, providing better vibration transmitting control, maximizing performance and minimizing acoustic break through.
The bearing is the heart of every turntable, "everything spins around bearing", and Dostoyevsky DCX incorporate the same type of inverted main bearing made from solid brass and stainless steel, as is used in our more advanced models, Elgar DCX and Kubrick DCX. It is extremely high precision machined and employs Derlin thrust plate.
The platter, 30mm thick and weighing 2.4kg is machined from Acrylic to very high accuracy and ensures good speed stability. The use of mat is now completely up to the user preferences, thankfully to the Acrylic made platter, as Acrylic proved itself as great turntable mat "material".
Drive mechanism utilizes high quality DC motor optimized for turntable use, electronically controlled, thus providing an easy operation and fine speed adjustment feature.
The turntable is supported by three adjustable cones machined from solid aluminum to allow leveling and provide optimum coupling to the surface that it sits on.
While looking "square" and simple from the outside, the main plinth employs advanced vibration control design, by means of different curved triangular openings in the two lower plywood layers.
Three different (user) exchangeable, Acrylic made, arm-boards for 9" tone-arms are included:
- SME arm-board - tone-arm pivot to spindle distance adjustable from 204-239mm
- Rega/Origin Live arm-board - tone-arm pivot to spindle distance 222mm
- Jelco arm-board - tone-arm pivot to spindle distance 214mm
Acrylic (Perspex) dust cover, the SA cover, high-performance rubber-cork mat and the Protractor LP - a cartridge alignment tool are supplied as standard.
- Drive: electronically controlled quality DC motor
- Speeds: 33.33 and 45.00 RPM with fine speed adjustment feature
- Bearing: inverted solid brass/stainless steel; Derlin thrust plate
- Platter: 40mm thick 2.6kg weighing, machined from Polypropylene
- Chassis: three 20mm thick layers of Baltic Birch plywood, bonded together
- Finish: natural Baltic Birch plywood satin finish
- Extras: (accessories) 3 exchangeable arm-boards for 9" SME, Jelco and Rega/Origin Live/Audio Note tone-arms; SA cover - Acrylic made dust cover
- Power: AC 230V/50Hz; DC input 12V/300mA
Main plinth:325x350x150mm (WxDxH); Net weight: 7.5kg
Motor unit: 120x350x85mm (WxDxH); Net weight: 2.0kg
Overall footprint: 460x350mm (WxD);
- Net weight: 9.5kg
- Packaging: 530x400x260mm (WxDxH) • Shipping weight: 12kg
OBS! Levereras som standard utan tonarm och pickup. Kontakta oss för förslag på kombinationer!