High-End DAC med inbyggd Streaming
dCS Bartók 2.0
High-End DAC med inbyggd Streaming.
The new dCS Bartók DAC brings together dCS’s past, present and future. It is first and foremost a state of the art network streaming DAC that uses technology developed for the Rossini range.
This single-box digital music player features the legendary dCS Ring DAC™ and signal processing platform, plus a custom high performance UPnP music streamer.
Bartók plays music through an array of industry-standard USB, AES or S/PDIF digital inputs. It can stream over Ethernet from a NAS drive or online music services such as TIDAL™ or Spotify™, and from Apple devices via Airplay™. The network interface can perform full MQA™ decoding and rendering.
The DAC section is equipped with independent balanced and unbalanced line outputs that can drive power amplifiers directly, avoiding the need for a separate preamplifier. All of the outputs can be set to one of 4 maximum levels to enhance system compatibility.
Designed for flexibility and ease of use without compromise, Bartók uses the very latest dCS Digital Processing Platform and Ring DAC™ technology, originally developed for the Rossini series. Its single FPGA offers streamlined signal processing and superior flexibility, effectively making it future-proof.
Bartók DAC has a powerful new user interface, plus a custom control app that lets listeners manage their music playback from any source in an elegantly simple way – accessing iRadio channels, digital and UPnP sources all from one control point. The Bartók app provides easy access to the DAC settings.
Featuring DXD upsampling as standard, the multi-stage oversampling design offers optional DSD upsampling plus an extensive selection of DSP filters to suit individual taste and music choice. The network streaming functionality within Bartók is proven in terms of jitter, easeof use and sonic performance. The network interface currently runs at up to 24-bit, 384kS/s and DSD128, supporting all major lossless codecs, plus DSD in DoP format and native DSD.
Designed and made in Great Britain to the highest standards, Bartók takes its design cues from the award winning Rossini range, using aerospace-grade machined aluminium with internal acoustic damping panels to reduce sound-degrading mechanical vibration and magnetic effects.
Multi-stage power regulation is employed, with twin mains transformers to isolate the DAC circuitry.
As with all dCS products, Bartók firmware can be easily updated via CD, USB or the new automated download and update facility. This lets dCS add new features and improve the performance of Bartok over its lifetime.
- Latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform brings state-of-the-art signal processing and flexibility.
- dCS Ring DACTM fitted, as used in the flagship dCS Vivaldi digital playback system.
- Digital inputs support UPnP, asynchronous USB and Apple Airplay sources, plus AES and S/PDIF digital audio streams.
- Streaming services supported include TIDAL and Spotify Connect.
- Accepts encrypted SACD data from dCS Transports via Dual AES inputs.
- Multi-stage DXD oversampling design with switchable DSD upsampling; user-selectable PCM and DSD filters.
- Auto clocking system improves ease of use and minimises jitter.
- Multi-stage power regulation and twin mains transformers to isolate the DAC section from the headphone amplifier.
- Firmware-upgradeable for future functionality and performance upgrades.
- Type: Upsampling Network DAC with Headphone Amplifier
- Colour: Silver or Black
- Dimensions: (W)444mm x (D)430mm x (H)115mm. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.
- Weight: 16.7kg / 36.8lbs
- Converter type: dCS proprietary Ring DAC™ topology
- Network interface on an RJ45 connector – acts as a UPnP™ renderer inAsynchronous mode, streaming digital music from a NAS or local computer over a standard Ethernet network, decoding all major lossless formats including FLAC, WAV & AIFF at up to 24 bit 384kS/s native sample rate, plus DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DFF/DSF format. Other formats include WMA, ALAC, MP3, AAC & OGG. Some formats are limited to lower samplerates.
- Supports Apple AirPlay at 44.1 or 48kS/s.
- Network Loop Out connector on a second RJ45 connector. USB 2.0 interface on a B-type connector operating in Asynchronous mode, will accept up to 24 bit PCM at up to 384kS/s plus DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DoP format.
- Operates in Class 1 or 2 mode. USB-on-the-go interface on type A connector operating in Asynchronous mode, streams digital music from a flash drive at up to 24 bit 384kS/s plus DSD/64. 2x AES/EBU on 3-pin female XLR connectors.
- Each will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 192kS/s or DSD/128 in DoP format. Used as a Dual AES pair, it will accept PCM at up to 384kS/s, DSD/64 & DSD/128 in DoP format or dCS-encrypted DSD.
- 2x SPDIF on 1x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 192kS/s or DSD/64 in DoP format. 1x SPDIF optical on a Toslink connector will accept PCM at up to 24 bit 96kS/s
- Output levels: 0.2, 0.6, 2 or 6V rms for full-scale input, set in the menu.
- Balanced outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x 3-pin XLR male connectors. These outputs are electronically balanced and floating.
- Output impedance is 3Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (10k-100kΩ is recommended).
- Unbalanced outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x RCA phono connectors. Output impedance is 52Ω, maximum load is 600Ω (10k-100kΩ is recommended).
Wordclock I/Oworldclock io:
- 2x Word Clock Inputs on 2x BNC connectors, accept standard word clock at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 or 192kHz. The data rate can be the same as the clock rate or an exact multiple of the clock rate. Sensitive to TTL levels. Word Clock Output on 1x BNC connector. In Master mode, a TTL-compatible word clock appears on this output.
- Full decoding and rendering of MQA data from the Network and USB2 inputs. Final rendering of unfolded MQA data only from the other inputs.
- Residual noise: 24-bit data: Better than –113dB0, 20Hz - 20kHz unweighted. (6V output setting)
- L R crosstalk: Better than -115dB0, 20Hz – 20kHz
- Spurious responses: Better than -105dB0, 20Hz – 20kHz
- Filters: PCM mode: up to 6 filters give different trade-offs between the Nyquist image rejection and the phase response.
- DSD mode: 4 filters progressively reduce out-of-audio band noise level.
- DXD as standard or optional DSD upsampling
- Software updates: Download and update functionality available via Bartók App
- Local control: dCS Bartók app for unit configuration and playback.
- RS232 interface (controlled by a 3rd party automation system).
- dCS Universal IR remote control is available as an optional extra.
- Power supply: Factory set to either 100, 115/120, 220 or 230/240V AC 50/60Hz.
- Power consumption: 30 Watts typical / 50 Watts maximum.